Cozumel’s breathtaking inspiration lies below the glistening teal waters of the sea. Experience the richness of the deep Cozumel waters on a submarine expedition!
- This experience is a perfect family activity, great way to spend your single-day visit to Cozumel Island.
- Learn about the importance and cultural use of cacao beans in Mexico’s past and present time at Stingray Beach.
- And venture in Mexico’s only submarine designated for tourism, the Atlantis XII, and dive to a depth of up to 100 feet, at least, to discover the spectacular natural scenery of the Chankanaab Reef.
- $105 $95
- Kids (3-12)
- $90 $75
SUBMARINE EXPEDITION & CHOCOLATE SEASIDE WORKSHOP
This interactive Chocolate Seaside Workshop & Wine Tasting tour takes place in a comfortable and lovely seaside terrace at Stingray Beach. First you will be welcomed with a chocolate Martini. Then you´ll learn all about how chocolate was first discovered and processed by the ancient Aztec and Mayan Civilizations.
Then you will receive some of the traditional ingredients and tools to make your own chocolate bar using techniques that, even after many centuries, are still used today by the Mayans. After creating your own chocolate bar, ignite your palate as you discover the incredible pairing of different flavors of chocolate and red wine.
When you are ready, you are going to take a short ride to Atlantis facilities for the Submarine Expedition. This unique experience begins with a scenic tour along the Cozumel coast, onboard our vessel Ana that will take you to the submarine.
This adventure will show you the diversity of underwater life at Chankanaab Reef, which is part of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System, one of the largest living structures on the planet, and which is home of fish, lobsters, rays, sharks, and turtles, which can be admired depending on it’s from the season.
It will also take you to the impressive Continental slope known as “The Wall”, with a depth of more than 1,800 feet which delimits the Island, and it will take you to explore the biggest dive wreck in the area, the Felipe Xicotencatl, a 154 feet long ship that was sank in 2000 year to enhance the life of this Protected Natural Area.
The Submarine Atlantis XII is the only one of its kind in Mexico; it is powered by batteries, which helps minimize its ecological footprint, and its passenger cabin is air-conditioned and maintains the same pressure as atmospheric at the surface.
This experience includes:
- Transportation one way Stingray Beach to Atlantis Submarines Cozumel facilities.
- Chocolate Workshop
- Chocolate Martini
- Bilingual guides – (English and Spanish).
This experience does not include:
- Souvenirs, additional food or beverages.
- Lockers and other sundry purchases.
- For security measures, participants at submarine must be able to safely go backwards thru a 12 steps ladder; hand rails available.
- Minimum age to participate at Submarine Expedition is 4 years old or 3 feet minimum tall height is required.
- Please alert your guide if you are allergic to nuts.
- Minimum age to participate at Chocolate Seaside Worshop is 12 years old.
- Legal drinking age in Mexico is 18 years old.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Extra cash.