Cozumel’s breathtaking inspiration lies below the glistening teal waters of the sea. Experience the richness of the deep Cozumel waters on a submarine expedition!
- This experience is a perfect family activity, great way to spend your single-day visit to Cozumel Island.
- Learn about the importance and cultural use of cacao beans in Mexico’s past and present time at Discover Mexico Park.
- And venture in Mexico’s only submarine designated for tourism, the Atlantis TSXII, and dive to a depth of up to 100 feet, at least, to discover the spectacular natural scenery of the Chankanaab Reef.
- Kids (3-12)
SUBMARINE EXPEDITION & THE JOY OF CHOCOLATE
The tour starts at Discover Mexico Park where stories, people, art, food, gardens, architecture, music, and traditions all blend together to create the rich history and culture of Mexico. Here at Discover Mexico Park Cozumel, we connect our guests to the colorful heritage and richness of Mexico – past and present! Our interactive park offers family-friendly limited mobility access to our botanical gardens, and our Museum of Mexican Traditional Arts.
In this Chocolate Workshop experience, you will be taught how to mill cacao seeds in order to create your own chocolate to make the traditional Mexican hot cocoa beverage. When you finished the experience a great Mexican lunch and a beverage will be waiting for you.
When you are ready, you are going to take a short ride to Atlantis facilities for the Submarine Expedition. This unique experience begins with a scenic tour along the Cozumel coast, onboard our vessel Ana that will take you to the submarine.
This adventure will show you the diversity of underwater life at Chankanaab Reef, which is part of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System, one of the largest living structures on the planet, and which is home of fish, lobsters, rays, sharks, and turtles, which can be admired depending on it’s from the season.
It will also take you to the impressive Continental slope known as “The Wall”, with a depth of more than 1,800 feet which delimits the Island, and it will take you to explore the biggest dive wreck in the area, the Felipe Xicotencatl, a 154 feet long ship that was sank in 2000 year to enhance the life of this Protected Natural Area.
The Submarine Atlantis TSXII is the only one of its kind in Mexico; it is powered by batteries, which helps minimize its ecological footprint, and its passenger cabin is air-conditioned and maintains the same pressure as atmospheric at the surface.
This experience includes:
- Transportation one way from Discover Mexico Park to Atlantis Submarines facilities.
- Discover Mexico Park entrance.
- Dioramic Garden
- Chocolate Workshop
- Chocolate welcome drink
- “Aquila” Certified bilingual guides – (English and Spanish)
- Mexican Lunch (vegetarian options available)
- Beverage with lunch (water, beer or soft drink)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Wheelchair at Discovery Mexico Park
- Parasols and umbrellas
- Parking at Discover Mexico Park
This experience does not include:
- Souvenirs, additional food or beverages.
- Lockers and other sundry purchases.
- Participants at submarine must be able to safely go backwards thru a 12 steps ladder; hand rails available.
- Minimum age to participate is 4 years old or 3 feet minimum tall height is required.
- Please alert your guide if you are allergic to nuts.
- Legal drinking age in Mexico is 18 years old.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Bring your sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, and camera.
- Extra cash.