- Eat local products.
- Avoid the use of sunscreen as they directly damage the reef.
- Don’t touch the corals and keep your distance.
- Do not collect marine species (starfish, shells, snails, etc) as souvenirs. Take only pictures and memories!
- Avoid using single-use plastics and Styrofoam products. Use reusable containers!
- Respect the closed seasons and do sustainable fishing:
- Lobster March 1 – June 30
- Queen Conch. May 1 – October 30 (in Cozumel there are no valid permits for queen conch fishing).
- May 1 – June 30 (Beware: the dogfish is a baby shark).
- Maya Octopus. December 19 – July 30
Beaches play a very important role in the ecosystem as they provide a habitat with unique conditions for many animals and plants. Collecting the garbage found on the beaches serves to make it a safe place and improve the coastal and marine ecosystem.
Our goal is to help keep the beaches of Cozumel Island healthy, involving our collaborators and Cozumel society.
This campaign promoted awareness of the waste that is generated during the “Carnival 2020” activities on Cozumel and obtained recognition from MY World México, an initiative that aims to mobilize and actively involve people and organizations from all sectors in favor of the implementation, monitoring, financing, follow-up, socialization and evaluation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the SDGs in Mexico.
BOTTLE CAP COLLECTION AND DONATIONS
The plastic caps are collected to support children with cancer; these are delivered to a bank of caps and then sold to companies that recycle them into new products. The funds obtained from the sale of these caps are used to support the comprehensive treatment of children with cancer.
TRAINING TO EMPLOYES
NATIONAL CODE OF CONDUCT
The National Code of Conduct principle objective is the protection of the Rights of children and adolescents to avoid their sexual and / or labor exploitation and seeks to positively influence the development of corporate social responsibility policies. It is an initiative to implement self-regulation in the tourism sector.
Atlantis Submarines policies are drafted to ensure that the structure and activities of the company are aimed at reducing negative social, cultural, economic and environmental impacts in Cozumel and include health and safety aspects related to the employees and destination.