Cozumel’s breathtaking inspiration lies below the glistening teal waters of the sea. Experience the richness of the deep Cozumel waters on a submarine expedition!
- Venture in Mexico’s only submarine designated for tourism, the Atlantis XII, and dive to a depth of up to 100 feet to discover the spectacular natural scenery of the Chankanaab Reef.
- Explore the underwater world easily, just walking and breathing with a special helmet on the Sea Trek adventure. It will be like walking in space!
- Kids (3-12)
SUBMARINE EXPEDITION & SEA TREK
This unique experience begins with a scenic tour along the Cozumel coast, onboard our vessel Ana that will take our guests to the Submarine Atlantis XII, and then dive to a depth of up to 100 feet, at least.
This adventure will show you a spectacular natural scenery of the Chankanaab reef, which is part of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System, one of the largest living structures on the planet, and which is home of fish, lobsters, rays, sharks, and turtles, which can be admired depending on it’s from the season. It will also take you to the famous Cozumel’s Wall, with a vertical drop of 2,000 feet which delimits the island.
The new submarine route explores the biggest dive wreck in the area, the Felipe Xicotencatl, a 154 feet long ship which served to the Mexican Navy. In the 2000 year, it was sank to enhace the life of this Protected Natural Area and preserve it for future generations. Now a days, it is home of mainly fish, sponges, and soft corals.
An experienced crew will relate to you an interesting narration of the area and its diversity of underwater life, providing relevant information during your tour.
The Submarine Atlantis XII is the only one of its kind in Mexico; it is powered by batteries, which helps minimize its ecological footprint, and its passenger cabin is air-conditioned and maintains the same pressure as atmospheric at the surface.
After the Submarine Expedition, you will be transfer to Jeanie’s Waffles restaurant where the Sea Trek adventure awaits for you. You will explore the underwater world easily, just walking and breathing.
Sea Trek will give you the feeling of walking in space; you just have to put on a special helmet, which will rest comfortably on your shoulders, while a continuous flow of air will allow you to breathe easily. Your hair will not get wet and you can even wear glasses if you need them. All trips are guided by trained and experienced professionals who will accompany you at each step at a depth of approximately 7-8 meters. At the end, you will enjoy a snack and a drink.
Both activities are a combo of adventures that you will always remember and for which you do not require swimming skills.
This experience includes:
- Transportation from the Atlantis Submarines facilities to the Jeanie’s Waffles restaurant.
- Certified diving guide.
- Natural Nachos snack to share.
- 2 domestic drinks.
- Lockers at Jeanie’s Wafles.
This experience does not include:
- Additional souvenirs, photos, food or beverages.
- Participants must be able to go up and down 12 steps, on their own, to access the submarine; handrails available.
- The minimum age to participate in the submarine is 4 years old or the minimum height required is 90 cm.
- Children under 8 years old will not be able to do the Sea Trek activity.
- Pregnant and people with heart problems cannot do the Sea Trek.
- Legal drinking age in Mexico is 18 years old.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Bring your swimming suit, towel and additional change of clothes.
- Bring sunscreen, glasses, hat and camera. Apply biodegradable sunscreen at least 40 minutes before soaking in the water.
- Bring cash.