SUBMARINE EXPEDITION & “EL CIELO”
Take a look at the dephs of the sea and have fun on the best beach.
- This experience is a perfect friends or family activity, great way to spend your single-day visit to Cozumel Island.
- Venture in Mexico’s only submarine designed for tourism, the Atlantis TSXII, and dive to a depth of up to 100 feet, at least, to discover the spectacular natural scenery of the Chankanaab Reef.
- Enjoy a beach break at “El Cielo”, the most famous sandbar in Cozumel, and discover the exotic flora and fauna of two different reefs in the Caribbean Sea.
- Kids (4-12)Minimum Age 4 yrs & Height Required: 3 Feet Tall(No infants allowed)
SUBMARINE EXPEDITION & “EL CIELO”
This unique experience begins with a scenic tour along the Cozumel coast, onboard our vessel Ana that will take you to the submarine.
This adventure will show you the diversity of underwater life at Chankanaab Reef, which is part of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System, one of the largest living structures on the planet, and which is home of fish, lobsters, rays, sharks, and turtles, which can be admired depending on it’s from the season.
It will also take you to the impressive Continental slope known as “The Wall”, with a depth of more than 1,800 feet which delimits the Island, and it will take you to explore the biggest dive wreck in the area, the Felipe Xicoténcatl, a 154 feet long ship that was sank in 2000 year to enhance the life of this Protected Natural Area.
The Submarine Atlantis XII is the only one of its kind in Mexico; it is powered by batteries, which helps minimize its ecological footprint, and its passenger cabin is air-conditioned and maintains the same pressure as atmospheric at the surface.
After your Submarine Expedition, you are going to take a short ride to Tortugas Beach Club. An experienced crew will prepare and guide you on two underwater adventures on different reefs to admire the diversity of underwater life.
Then, they will stop for a beach break at “El Cielo”, taste a delicious fish ceviche and cold Margaritas while being surprised by the crystal-clear turquoise waters of the sandbar.
Finally, you will enjoy the breeze of the Caribbean Sea as you sail back to Tortugas Beach Club pier.
This experience includes:
- Boat ride
- Professional crew and guides.
- Two reef snorkel by boat
- Relaxing time at “El Cielo”
- Snorkel gear
- Life vest
- Beverages: bottled purified water, beers, sodas and Margaritas.
- Fresh chopped fruit
- Fish Ceviche
This experience does not include:
- Souvenirs or photos.
- Food or beverages not mentioned.
- Marine Park Fee $5 usd per person.
- Participants at submarine must be able to safely go backwards thru a 12 steps ladder; hand rails available.
- Minimum age to participate at submarine is 4 years old or 3 feet minimum tall height is required.
- Children under 5 years old are not allowed to snorkeling.
- This tour is not recommended for guests with mobility problems, recent surgeries, heart/lung diseases or asthma.
- Legal drinking age in Mexico is 18 years old.
- Bring your swimming suit, towel, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, extra clothes and camera.
- Apply biodegradable sunscreen at least 40 minutes before coming in the water.
- Extra cash.
- 24 hours prior you can get the full refound.
- Less than 24 hours is considered a No Show. We will charge you the full tour and/or the parcial payment.