Cozumel’s breathtaking inspiration lies below the glistening teal waters of the sea. Experience the richness of the deep Cozumel waters on a submarine expedition!
- This experience is a perfect friends or family activity, great way to spend your single-day visit to Cozumel Island.
- Venture in Mexico’s only submarine designed for tourism, the Atlantis TSXII, and dive to a depth of up to 100 feet, at least, to discover the spectacular natural scenery of the Chankanaab Reef.
- Be amazed by the exotic flora and fauna of two different reefs in the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea and end your day while relaxing and enjoying one of the spectacular sunsets in Cozumel.
- Kids (3-12)
SUBMARINE EXPEDITION & SUNSET BY BOAT
This unique experience begins with a scenic tour along the Cozumel coast, onboard our vessel Ana that will take you to the submarine.
This adventure will show you the diversity of underwater life at Chankanaab Reef, which is part of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System, one of the largest living structures on the planet, and which is home of fish, lobsters, rays, sharks, and turtles, which can be admired depending on it’s from the season.
It will also take you to the impressive Continental slope known as “The Wall”, with a depth of more than 1,800 feet which delimits the Island, and it will take you to explore the biggest dive wreck in the area, the Felipe Xicotencatl, a 154 feet long ship that was sank in 2000 year to enhance the life of this Protected Natural Area.
The Submarine Atlantis TSXII is the only one of its kind in Mexico; it is powered by batteries, which helps minimize its ecological footprint, and its passenger cabin is air-conditioned and maintains the same pressure as atmospheric at the surface.
After your Submarine Expedition, enjoy a snack with a beverage at Del Mar Latino Beach Club while you are waiting for the sunset.
At Atlantis’ pier your boat will be ready for you, get your swim suit and camera to get on board, where Captain and crew will be ready to sail at the reef area and will provide your snorkel gear to immerse in the Caribbean Sea, a world filled of color. After the snorkel, refresh yourself with a soda or margarita while you enjoy the most beautiful and spectacular sunset.
This experience includes:
- Two reef snorkel by boat
- Snorkel gear
- Life vest
- Bottled water, soda and Margaritas (on board the snorkeling boat).
- Snack with a beverage at Del Mar Latino Beach Club.
This experience does not include:
- Souvenirs or photos.
- Food or beverages not mentioned.
- Participants at submarine must be able to safely go backwards thru a 12 steps ladder; hand rails available.
- Minimum age to participate at submarine is 4 years old or 3 feet minimum tall height is required.
- Children under 5 years old are not allowed to snorkeling.
- This tour is not recommended for guests with mobility problems, recent surgeries, heart/lung diseases or asthma.
- Legal drinking age in Mexico is 18 years old.
- Bring your swimming suit, towel, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, extra clothes and camera.
- Apply biodegradable sunscreen at least 40 minutes before coming in the water.
- Extra cash.